• GDP: RMB 86.19 billion (2006)
• Per Capita Disposable Income of Urban Residents: RMB 10,193 (2006)
• Economic Growth Rate: 15.10% (2006)
• Population: 2.55 million (urban) - 4.17 million (rural)
• Unemployment Rate: 3.95% (2006)
• Enrollment Rate for Children of School Age: 99.5% (2006)
• Enrollment Rate for Middle School Students to High School: 73% (2004)
• FDI: US $185 million (2006)
Nanning covers an area of just over 22 thousand square kilometers, of which 6.5 thousand is urban. Around 2.5 million live in the urban areas, with a total population of 6.6million. 50% of the city's population is Zhuang, and the remaining half is very diverse, with the major groups being Han, Miao, Yao, Dong, Mulao and Maonan.
Nanning sits beside the Yunnan, Guizhou, Hunan and Guangdong provinces, with its urban area located in the Nanning Basin on the Lingnan Mountain Range. It has a subtropical Monsoon climate, with an average annual maximum summer temperature of 34C (92F) and daily rainfall in the summer months.