1. Project Name: Development of Jinxiu Shengtang Mountain Scenic Area
2. Project Owner: Jinxiu Tourism Bureau
3. Project Location: Shengtang Mountain Scenic Area, Jinxiu County
4. Project Contents and Scale: Shengtang Mountain Scenic Area is planned with an area of 21.1 km and covers sightseeing facilities such as plnk roads and bridges, cloudy land and Yao ethnic garden; recreational facilities such as resort, restaurant and jungle healthcare; infrastructure such as mountain pathway, booth and stage, parking field, power and water supply and communication and TV facilities as well as drainage and safety protection engineering.
5. Total Investment: US$ 11.98 million
6. Construction Conditions: Jinxiu County is an important part and the core section of Dayao Mountain Ecological and Folk Culture Tourism Area, which is one of the top eight great tourism areas of Guangxi. Shengtang Mountain Scenic Area is also part of Dayao Mountain National Forest Park and Dayao Mountain National Nature Reserve and is highlight of ecological tourism resources of Guangxi. Shengtang Mountain is lofty and steep with many peaks, unique quasi-Danxia landform, great azalea forest, powerful waterfall thickly virgin forest, dreamy could sea, mysterious morning mist, abundant plant resources and amicable climate. The natural landscapes defined by quietness, mystery, steepness and primitiveness make it an ideal ecological resort for holiday, recreation, sightseeing and exploration. Class-2 highway is accessible to Jinxiu County and class-3 highroad, to the scenic area, which is just 53 km away from the county town. Land tenure is clear; construction land, sufficient; and the condition of infrastructure such as water, power, TV and communication, sound enough.
7. Market Prospect: Shentang Mountain is located in the core section of cities of Guilin, Liuzhou, Nanning and Wuzhou and close to developed areas of the Pearl River Delta, boasting superior location. The area owns abundant tourism resources of special identity and high taste. Unique quasi-Danxia landform, broad virgin forest and excellent climate together constitute monopolized forest ecological tourism resources rare in the country, which mean a great attraction to tourists and expect huge market potential. It is estimated that after the completion of the project, the area will expect 686,000 domestic tourists and 30,000 foreign tourists in times in 2010 and 1.38 million and 60,000 respectively in 2015.
8. Anticipated Economic Benefit: Annual revenue: US$ 15 million; internal rate of return of finance: 13.61%; and investment recovery period: 9.68 years.
9. Cooperation Mode: Joint venture or contractual joint venture
10. Preliminary Work: detailed planning, feasibility study report and environment impact statements have been completed.
11. Contact: Cai Baozheng
Tel: 0772-6215238 Fax:0772-6215238